[sane-devel] Umax Astranet ia101

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:17:28 +0200

On Thursday 14 April 2005 15:56, Union wrote:
> I have managed to set up Astranet scanner in linux with 1.0.15
> sane-backends and plustek driver. Its recognized as Umax 3400.
>
> But I have this problem
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2002-June/003504.html
> , which was mention 3 years back. Most of the time (while I want to
> scane, preview works normal) lamp gets stuck and there is loud noice
> coming from the scanner. Cancel scanning don't work so I must poweroff
> scanner. But sometimes (very rarely) scanning works (like one out of
> five).
>
> Is there any fix for that yet? Or any advice how to fix that?

You might want to try the latest stuff from CVS or one of the latest
snapshotd, there have been some changes according to the settings, when
scanning on low resolution modes.

I have here an UMAX 3450 and a 3400 and both devices are working okay
with these snapshots.
When doing further tests with the snapshots, could you please enable
debugging (export SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=20) and send me the output of
a preview scan?

Gerhard