[sane-devel] Running Epson Perfection 3170 with xsane

Thomas Frayne tomf@sjpc.org
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 23:03:04 -0700

I am running FC3 with kernel 2.6.10-1.241_FC3 and sane-backends
1.0.15-1.4.  I downloaded iscan-1.14.0-3.i386.rpm from
http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html, and installed it with
the rpm command.

I had no trouble doing scans with the Epson Perfection 3170 running
iscan in root or user mode, but when I tried to run xsane, it could not
find the scanner.  Neither could scanimage, but sane-find-scanner found
it.

Where can I find the information needed to configure SANE so that I can
use XSANE to run the Epson Perfection 3170 scanner?