[sane-devel] Epson, FC 3 and USB hotplug

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen@avasys.jp
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:38:30 +0900

Torben Andersen <the.beauty@adslhome.dk> writes:

> I've upgraded to FC 3. Xsane reports no scanner found, but if I unplug
> and plug the USB cable, it works. I know, its problaly not a SANE
> problem, but does anybody know a fix ??

If replugging makes the thing work, I suspect that you boot with the
scanner plugged in and no "cold"plugging takes place.  Check your
hotplug init.d scripts.

--
Olaf Meeuwissen                          EPSON AVASYS Corporation, LAN
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/