[sane-devel] Canon D1250u2

Julien HENRY henryju@yahoo.fr
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:12:29 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

It's the holidays for me, and I have started to work
on the backend for the CanoScan D1250u2.

I can easily send commands and read data from the
scanner, thanks to libusb, and I can read the state of
the front buttons.

I have questions: how can I manage buttons in sane
backend ? I would like to create a new thread at the
start of computer, that can send events (to what ?) if
a button is pressed. What function will start this
thread? Should I write a separate module for the
kernel ?
And if the "button thread" claim the USB interface,
how can I use the scanner to scan...
I saw the Windows driver uses a mutex to ensure that
reading of button state is not interrupted. Should I
use the same thing in my backend. Is there already
mutex functions in SANE API...

Thanks