[sane-devel] A3 Scanner on Linux

Martin Collins martin@mkcollins.org
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 01:58:06 +0100

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:01:19 +0100
Jonathan Hipkiss <jonathan@hipkiss.org> wrote:

> I'm looking for an A3 scanner, that is still available to buy, that=20
> works under Linux.
>=20
> Nothing under 600dpi and preferably more.
>=20
> A USB interface would be best.
>=20
> I've looked around the SANE site but most scanners listed don't
> mention if they are A3 or not and when I have tracked one down that
> is A3 USB and works with Linux I then find you can't buy it anymore.
>=20
> Any ideas?

I have a Mustek Paragon 1200 A3 Pro which works perfectly under Linux.
I can let you have it for =A3200 (I'm in the UK). It's SCSI but I'll
throw in a decent SCSI card and cable. There is no ADF.

Otherwise there is a Mustek ScanExpress A3 USB which is 300x600dpi and
you can buy for =A380. The SANE support page says "Still some vertical
stripes." I have no direct experience with this one.

My current scanner is an Epson GT10000 which on its own works well
but with the ADF doesn't. You can still buy several Epson models which
I believe are supported by the epkowa backend but are not mentioned
on the sane support page. All rather pricy though.

Martin