[sane-devel] EPP write with sanei_pp

Gerhard Jaeger gerhard@gjaeger.de
Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:28:30 +0200

On Sunday 24 April 2005 05:43, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm porting the parport I/O code of the geniusvp2 backend to the
> sanei_pp functions, but I was unable to find an equivalent of the EPP
> write operation. Looking at sanei/sanei_pp.c, I could not find
> references to the ieee1284_epp_write_data() function. Is this operation
> implemented on sanei_pp?
>
> If not, I'll have to use libieee1284 directly, as this backend depends
> on this operation.

Hmm,

first try and use the sanei_pp_outb_data function. if this does not work,
extend the sanei_pp lib by the needed functionality.
Don't use the libieee directly!
AFAIR epp_write_data will be called inside the libieee, when the port
is set to EPP mode! In the end, write data for SPP/EPP should be the
same function, as they use the same port!

Gerhard