[sane-devel] Umax Astranet ia101

Union Union <union.kjesi@gmail.com>
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:16:27 +0200

------=_Part_1327_25537580.1114557387147

> This should not make any difference. The major difference is the
> resolution you're working with! The preview does a scan at 75dpi and
> therefore the motor-settings are different from the 300dpi settings.
> I'm pretty sure, that the preview will give you the whining noise...
>=20
> Anyway, I'll crosscheck that here again.
>=20
> Ciao,
> Gerhard
>=20

In a past few days I throughly tested scanner and amazingly not once it get=
=20
stuck or something similiar. It scanned fine all the way to 1200 dpi (I=20
didn't try more, but 1200 dpi is scanner hardware limit anyway). Preview=20
also works fine (as before).=20

My whole process was:=20
1. I was using 1.0.15 (I get a lot of troubles with motor stucknes etc.)
2. I uninstall 1.0.15 and manually install snapshot (15. 04. 2005)
3. Uninstall snapshot (make uninstall), make ebuild of snapshot and emerge=
=20
it.
4. Again uninstalled it (unmerge, beacuse not been able to scan with 14 bit=
=20
depth) and install stable version (1.0.15) with portage and now, as said,=
=20
everything goes fine.

Hmm, just one thought...
I am pretty sure that when I first compiled 1.0.15 I added USB support=20
(afterall, astranet is usb scanner), but in step 4 I didn't add it. Maybe i=
s=20
that reason that everything works now. Very curious ;)...

PS: emerge is a way to normally install programs on gentoo distribution=20
(just for those who don't know what that is :).

------=_Part_1327_25537580.1114557387147

rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">This sho=
uld not make any difference. The major difference is the<br>resolution you'=
re working with! The preview does a scan at 75dpi and
>I'm pretty sure, that the preview will give you the whining noise...<br><b=
ckquote>
In a past few days I throughly tested scanner and amazingly not once it
get stuck or something similiar.&nbsp; It scanned fine all the way to
1200 dpi (I didn't try more, but 1200 dpi is scanner hardware limit
anyway). Preview also works fine (as before). <br>
My whole process was: <br>
1. I was using 1.0.15 (I get a lot of troubles with motor stucknes etc.)<br=

2. I uninstall 1.0.15 and manually install snapshot (15. 04. 2005)<br>
3. Uninstall snapshot (make uninstall), make ebuild of snapshot and emerge =
it.<br>
4. Again uninstalled it (unmerge, beacuse not been able to scan with 14
bit depth) and install stable version (1.0.15)&nbsp; with portage and
now, as said, everything goes fine.<br>
Hmm, just one thought...<br>
I am pretty sure that when I first compiled 1.0.15 I added USB support
(afterall, astranet is usb scanner), but in step 4&nbsp; I didn't add
it. Maybe is that reason that everything works now. Very curious ;)...<br>
PS: emerge is a way to normally install programs on gentoo distribution (ju=
st for those who don't know what that is :).<br>

------=_Part_1327_25537580.1114557387147--