[sane-devel] plustek-s.c and plustek.c

Rayudu Addagarla rayuduak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 14:31:53 UTC 2005

Hello
I would like to know is the file plustek-s.c used in the plustek backend.
Its just have abstract functions no logic in functions returns some values
in every function.
Can I copy plustek-s.c for a new backend to start with.

To start with a new backend. what are the things.
the sane document how to write a backend is not enough.
Tell me if i am right.
lets say backend name is epson1001
1. create epson1001.c in backend directory
[have minimum methods in it. sane_init, sane_read etc.]
2. add epson1001 in BACKENDS in configure file
Is that it.?
will sane go through this backend, though it may now work.
i mean when i say scanimage -L will it read the epson1001 library.

Is there any specific file to add backend name in the backends directory or
source tree of sane-backend.x.y.z

for getting started, i would like to have image file read from disk in
sane_read() function and return to front end. sort of imitating, as if its
scanning from real device.

thanks
Rayudu
--