[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2480 Photo: transparency issues

Simon Munton simon at munton.demon.co.uk
Thu Aug 4 21:57:34 UTC 2005

On Thursday 04 August 2005 11:39 am, fredthetree wrote:

> umm, so can we get the transparency preview/scan size restored to how
> it was in the past?  i'm not sure of the exact dimensions, but, why
> not use the entire available area?

I agree, especially as 1.0.16 is soon to be released.

Ideally the backend should set the size depending on the model; the 2480
has a piece of plastic you use to hold negatives and slides, and lets you
scan two slides or three negatives at once.
The 2580 has an auto film feeder built into the lid, and I believe it scans 1
negative at a time. For slides their is a plastic guide that lets it scan 1
slide.

The size does need to be restored to the previous value for 2480 users, and if
it is possible to distinguish between the two scanners, then the size should
be selected based on the model.

Simon