[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 2400 Problems

Paul Smedley paul at smedley.info
Sat Aug 6 08:48:45 UTC 2005

Hi All,
Wondering if anyone can suggestion possible reasons for an Epson
Perfection 2400 not working on OS/2.

Code is built from latest CVS, and many other scanners that use the
Snapscan backend are reported to work.

Epson Perfection 2400 seems to have problems uploading the firmware -
the log ends with:
[snapscan] usb_request_sense: usb command error: Error during device I/O
[snapscan] usb_request_sense: usb command error: Error during device I/O
[snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: download_firmware command failed: Error
during device I/O
scanimage: open of device snapscan:usbcalls:1 failed: Error during
device I/O

Full log is at http://smedley.info/epson2400debugoutput.zip

Any ideas appreciated.

Cheers,