[sane-devel] HP scanjet 4370

Bertrik Sikken bertrik at zonnet.nl
Wed Aug 10 17:05:04 UTC 2005

serja wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to know is this model (HP scanjet 4370) can be setup
> under Linux even somehow? Because as I understand sane not support this model
> directly. I'm not a scanner expert, so maybe some similar hp drivers can make
> this model work?
> Currently I use Debian 3.1 with 2.6.8 kernel.
> Thanks in advance!

I can't really say yet whether this scanner is supported or not.

The USB id that you mentioned in the other reply is NOT currently
recognized in the niash backend (for the hp3300/3400/4300), so
it will not work directly.

You can try it with the niash backend from sane-backends 1.0.15
(or newer) with a simple modification (in niash_xfer.c) to add
your USB id.

Perhaps the "70" in 4370 just means some extra accessory
and the scanner is otherwise supported, can't be really sure.

Finally, if you have some USB logs, I can probably tell from
them whether it has a chance of being supported.
(please don't mail the logs to me directly, please upload
them to a webpage and post the link).

Kind regards,
Bertrik