[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO

Bjorn Solberg bjorn_sane at hekneby.org
Wed Aug 10 16:50:10 UTC 2005

I recently got the Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO scanner.  It's connected
through USB to my computer running Fedora Core 3, my SANE versions are

# rpm -q -a | grep -i sane
xsane-0.92-13
xsane-gimp-0.92-13
sane-frontends-1.0.12-4
sane-backends-1.0.15-1.4

sane-find-scanner finds the scanner at libusb:001:003, but scanimage -L
just returns without finding anything ("No scanners were
identified.[...]").

I added

usb 0x04b8 0x0122

to /etc/sane.d/epson.conf, which made scanimage -L take longer (> 10
seconds) to return the same answer ("No scanners were identified").

Does anyone else have any experience with this scanner, and/or can tell
me whether it is (or will be in the near future) supported by SANE?  Any
pointers on how I can make it work with SANE is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Bjorn.