[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 20 vertical lines

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Sun Aug 14 17:30:25 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 05:05:57PM +0200, Gerhard Jaeger wrote:

> I really appreciate your work and was happy that someone fixed this
> issue at least for the LiDE20, but I could not accept this: "broken
> several times..." - If the code is broken before a new SANE version
> will be released, I'd like to have some feedback not any complaints
> AFTER code-freeze, that's the way the show works.

I'm sorry, I should be fair here: It's not clear that this isn't a
packaging or versioning problem in Debian.  However, both the .14 and
.15 releases are broken here (in different ways).

> That's indeed more or less impossible. I own the N670 which should be
> more or less the same as the LiDE20, but I could not test every single
> device before a release takes place - I need feedback from others.

Agreed; although I was venting I didn't mean to lay blame.  It is, in
fact, impossible for any developer to guarantee proper funcion on 50
models.  I tired to do this myself long ago with cdparanoia, and
didn't really succeed either.

> So you're still working with SANE-1.0.13? Is 1.0.14 also broken? In the
> end the differences to 1.0.13 are not that large.

Yes, but--- I'll bet real money that Debian's .14 is not a clean .14.

I can't look into more detail right now.  I just moved to a new [which
is to say, very old] house myself, and my LiDE are still packed up
(of all the silly things, there are no grounded outlets in the whole
house, so I can't plug in my desktop yet!)

Monty