[sane-devel] Re: Getting Mustek 1200 UB Plus scanner working

Martin martinh at ix.netcom.com
Sun Aug 14 20:45:18 UTC 2005

I copied the firmware file to "/opt/gt68xx/sbfw.usb"
and edited the file "gt68xx.conf"

----------------
# Mustek ScanExpress 1200 UB Plus:
override "mustek-scanexpress-1200-ub-plus"
firmware "/opt/gt68xx/SBfw.usb"
----------------

and copied it to "cp gt68xx.conf /etc/sane.d/"

and then ran "/usr/bin/sane-find-scanner -v"

but my scanner was not found.

I have my scanner connected directly to the usb0 port on my motherboard.

Questions:
1) What dev port does the system look at to find my scanner, and, do I have to mount it?

2) From some other reading I did, does a module need to be loaded, such as, (or something similar)?

insmod /lib/modules/2.4.20-31.9/kernel/drivers/usb/scanner.o vendor=0x055f product=0x0006

Thanks again for your patience with me and help.
-Martin