[sane-devel] Mustek 2400 CU Plus (PS2Dfw2.usb)

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Mon Aug 15 18:01:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 12:31:12PM +0400, Yuri Gorshkov wrote:
> I'm using Debian Sarge 3.1r0a with sane 1.0.13-2 and sane-utils
> 1.0.16-1, the
> Mustek 2400CU Plus scanner. Well, I downloaded the PS2Dfw.usb firmware
> file as they say on their homepage,

That one works with my 2400 CU Plus scanner.

> but managed to scan only the
> [distorted] half of the page. Then, I tried PS2Dfw2.usb file (diff says
> it's identical to what was shipped on the CD),

That one has been reported to work with scanner that otherwise show
the distorted image problem. As far as I know, nothing has been
changed in the code, but you never know.

> and XSane just hangs for
> a short while and gives me 'Invalid argument'! Arrrrrgh!!! I remember
> that problem existed in my previous installation, but I can't remember
> how I managed to fix it. Any help?

Have you unplugged/replugged the scanner before trying the other firmware?

Please send a log file:
SANE_DEBUG_GT68XX=255 scanimage >/dev/null 2>log