[sane-devel] genesys backend

Zhixing Xue s_xue at ira.uka.de
Sun Aug 21 18:29:12 UTC 2005

At Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:31:41 +0200,
Nikolas Arend wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I own a Canon Lide 80, which also uses the gl841 chipset. I'd like to
> test it with Pierre's latest patch, but I guess since it's not listed in
> genesys_devices.c, scanimage -L won't find it.
> Could somebody please give me some hints what I must do to make it being
> recognized?

Did you looked at the tools/hotplug/README? For me with kernel 2.6.11
there's config at /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap as below:

grep -i LIDE /etc/hotplug/usb/libsane.usermap
# Canon Inc.|CanoScan N670U/N676U/LIDE 20
# Canon Inc.|CanoScan N1240U/LIDE 30
# Canon Inc.|LIDE 50
# Genesys Logic, Inc.|Pacific Image Electronics PrimeFilm 1800u slide/negative scanner

so that sane-find-scanner gave me:

found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2213 [CanoScan], chip=GL841) at libusb:001:002

enjoy it ;-)

xue