[sane-devel] sane-backends update to libtool 1.5.18 intended

Mattias Ellert mattias.ellert at tsl.uu.se
Mon Aug 22 09:30:19 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 15:19 +0200, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I intend to update libtool (ltmain.sh) in sane-backends to version
> 1.5.18. As there are local changes in the sane-backends version
> concerning -framework support for Darwin, could you check if libtool
> 1.5.18 works on Darwin? I checked the diffs and there is some code
> concerning -framework, but it differs from the code you backported
> from libtool 2.0.
>
> Bye,
>   Henning

Hi!

Sorry for the late reply, I was on a conference last week.

I tried the unmodified version of 1.5.18, but, even though it is better
than the old version, it still has problems. Mainly due to the fact that
if there is more than one framework, i.e.

 ... -framework XXX -framework YYY ... ,

libtool sometimes removes what it thinks are duplicated options and uses

 ... XXX -framework YYY ... ,

which of course does not work. It also does not register framework
dependencies in the .la files.

I have backported the libtool 2.0 framework support to libtool 1.5.18 in
the same way as before and submitted it to CVS (as well as the
corresponding updates to acinclude and configure).

	Mattias