[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO

Bjorn Solberg bjorn_sane at hekneby.org
Mon Aug 22 16:46:20 UTC 2005

Bjorn Solberg writes:

> Oliver Schwartz writes:
>> Hi,
>>> I found the driver in c:/WINDOWS/system32/esfw52.bin, copied it to
>>> /etc/sane.d and modified the firmware entry in snapscan.conf, and
>>> now it works even after rebooting both the scanner and the
>>> computer.

>> Very good. Can you do some tests, e.g. do all resolutions work? Does
>> the transparency unit work?

> There seems to be something odd about the geometry calculations for the
> driver.  I.e. when I try to scan a full page, whether I specify the full
> -x and -y or simply say scanimage, it only gets the first 16.5cm for the
> width and 22cm for the length rather than the full 21.5cm x 27.5cm (US
> letter size).  In Windows it correctly scans the whole page though.

[That being with the Windows software that came with the scanner, of
course.]

Do you think this is a problem that is related to the firmware, to how
SANE talks to the firmware or just with SANE itself?  Just so I have a
better idea to start looking into this myself - I'd like to have the
issue resolved one way or the other before the time is up for returning
the scanner...

Thank you,

Bjorn.