[sane-devel] Canoscan Lide 20, suse 9.3

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Wed Aug 24 09:23:29 UTC 2005

Hello,

On Aug 24 14:26 John Charles Considine wrote (shortened):
> When configuring a Canon Lide20 scanner through Yast, the scanner is
> detected as:
>
> "USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2213 [CanoScan],
> chip=GL841) at libusb:001:003"
>
> yet when I associate it with the Canoscan Lide20 scanner, the plustek
> driver is associated, but the 'Associated Scanner' remains blank.

Was the "plustek" line really activated in /etc/sane.d/dll.conf?

> Tardis:~ # sane-find-scanner
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a9 [Canon], product=0x2213 [CanoScan],
> chip=GL841)

Strange, here the "at libusb:001:003" is missing.
Is it listed in the output of the "/sbin/lsusb" command?

> Tardis:~ # scanimage -L
>
> No scanners were identified...

Which sane package version do you use?
The sane package from the Suse Linux 9.3 CDs or something else?

See
http://portal.suse.com/sdb/en/2004/10/jsmeix_scanner-setup-92.html
"Trouble-Shooting (Debugging)"
how to provide debugging information.