[sane-devel] Error message with scanimage -L

Luca carlonluca at email.it
Wed Aug 24 12:06:07 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 23 August 2005 16:47, Bertrik Sikken wrote:

> This is weird.
> You should get the same response when running the scanimage -L command
> twice. Perhaps the first time, hotplug had not updated the USB
> permissions yet. What kernel are you running?

My kernel is 2.6.12-r6. I tried with some previous kernel as well but same
results. Anyway, I continue to have these two output with calls to the
scanimage -L, look:

-------------------------------
cluca linux # scanimage -L
scanimage: hp-option.c:3710: hp_optset_fix_geometry_options: Assertion `tl_x
&& tl_y && br_x && br_y' failed.
Aborted
cluca linux # scanimage -L

cluca linux # scanimage -L
scanimage: hp-option.c:3710: hp_optset_fix_geometry_options: Assertion `tl_x
&& tl_y && br_x && br_y' failed.
Aborted
cluca linux # scanimage -L

cluca linux # scanimage -L

cluca linux # scanimage -L
scanimage: hp-option.c:3710: hp_optset_fix_geometry_options: Assertion `tl_x
&& tl_y && br_x && br_y' failed.
Aborted
cluca linux # scanimage -L

:-) It continue to change.

> > Some months ago, I was successfull in setting up sane, but now I'm
> > finding difficulties. The scanner is a HP PSC1317. scanimage version is:
> >
> > cluca linux # scanimage --version
> > scanimage (sane-backends) 1.0.15; backend version 1.0.15
> >
> > I saw that someone else is having the same error, and found to see the
> > output of this command; I can't understand anything but it seems not good
> > the second one:
> >
> > cluca linux # sane-find-scanner -q
> > found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [hp], product=0x3f11 [psc 1310 series ])
> > at libusb:002:002
> > cluca linux # ls -l /proc/bus/ubs/002/002
> > ls: /proc/bus/ubs/002/002: No such file or directory
>
> try /proc/bus/usb not /proc/bus/ubs

Ok :-), sorry, this is what I get:

cluca linux # sane-find-scanner -q
found USB scanner (vendor=0x03f0 [hp], product=0x3f11 [psc 1310 series ]) at
libusb:002:003
cluca linux # ls -l /proc/bus/usb/002/003
-rw-rw----  1 root scanner 147 Aug 24 12:01 /proc/bus/usb/002/003

Is there something else I can try to make it work?
Thanks.

Luca