[sane-devel] HP 2400 Status

Stéphane VOLTZ stefdev at modulonet.fr
Thu Dec 1 06:36:42 UTC 2005

	Hello,

	the HP2400 is no yet supported. There early elements in the genesys backend
but it won't work. In theory, the 2400 is supposed to be like the 2300, but
with a 1200 dpi max resolution instead of 600.
	What is left to do is to put the exact values needed in genesys_devices.c .
These values will have to be found in usb logs of the scanner operating under
windows.
	Then, you can use all HP2300 constants as a guide to find all the places
where you'll have to update the code for 2400 handling. Be aware that doing
such will use the 'old methods' for building slope tables and computing
exposure. It is worth evaluating the 'new methods' used in the gl841, since
we may swith the 2300 and MD5345 to it some time in the futur.
	One problem I got with the 2300 was the way it sets the frontend. I couldn't
get it work like in the usb logs, and fall back to the working current method
which modelled after the MD5345 method.
	I used usbsniff+ a bunch of awk scripts to decode them. They are appended to
the message.

Regards,
	Stef