[sane-devel] "basic" support for C5 AVision C5 ASIC (AV600u, HP5370) added

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Fri Dec 2 18:12:37 UTC 2005

Hi all,

after some in-depth review of Falk Rohsiepe's huge patch to the avision
backend (which includes e.g. software scaling and so on) I added the
minimal changes required to unshift the images of AVision C5 ASIC based
scanners such as the AVision AV600U or HP 5370.

The basic resolutions (75, 140, 300, 600, 1200 and probably some more in
between) do work. other odd might require software scaling that I might
add later on - we'll see. However I'll also merge the color matrix
options and other minor changes soon as well.

The code is as usual in my work in progress Subversion repository:

  http://svn.exactcode.de/sane-avision/trunk/backend/

People with a affected device _PLEASE_ give this code a try and report to
my personal mail success or issues uncovered.

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org