[sane-devel] BenQ Scanner 5150C

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz at gmx.de
Sat Dec 3 16:29:19 UTC 2005

Hi,

> A little googling turned up this thread from last December:
> http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-December/0
>12758.html
> The image is recognisable, but has vertical colour bars all the way
> across it. (*For reference, a test scan is attached, so you can see
> what I mean)
>
> I would dearly love to get this working; Can anyone suggest a way
> forward? I'll gladly help/test etc etc.

The result you described is more or less how far we've come with this
scanner when it was first mentioned last year. In the meantime I
haven't done any work on it.

What I need is a USB trace from a windows scan session to see if any
command uses different parameters than other other scanners. You can
get an USB tracer from http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/usbsnoop/,
the page also gives some instructions on how to use it. The scan
session should contain an preview scan and a "real" scan of a small
area at lowest resolution.

The traces tend to become very large, so please gzip with highest
compression rate before sending.

Regards,

Oliver