[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490 on Ubuntu Breezy 5.10?

Imar van Erven Dorens gambit at gambit73.demon.nl
Sun Dec 4 19:10:11 UTC 2005

Hello Denis,

I'm new to these mailing lists, so I hope I mail this alright.
I had the same problem like you, though before my 3490 I was struggling
to make an old canon scanner working with Xsane and learned a bit..

1: look into /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
Mine missed an entry to epkowa.conf which is essential for the 3490
according to the iscan installation manual.
http://www.avasys.jp/english/linux_e/dl_scan.html (get the pdf)
So insert 'epkowa' into dll.conf
2: restart saned: # saned restart

3: now try # scanimage -L

I bet it works.

Greetings,	Imar.
ICQ: 11555901

Denis Haskin wrote:

Very weird.  Looks like what's happening is that the scanner keeps
resetting itself (every few seconds) and gets assigned a new USB device
number.

I thought maybe the problem was I hadn't specified any firmware file, so
I got that off the Windows install CD and modified snapscan.config to
add it, but hasn't seemed to change behavior.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks,

dwh