[sane-devel] Re: Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO

Frederic POUPON frederic.poupon at laposte.net
Sun Dec 4 23:25:19 UTC 2005

Le Dimanche 4 Décembre 2005 22:54, Oliver Schwartz a écrit :
> > Is there anything I can do to help get the Transparency unit to
> > work?
>
> As far as I know the transparency unit of the 3490 works ok. The only
> thing not supported is the automatic film feeder of the 3590. Please
> make sure you use the latest version of the snapscan backend from
> CVS.

I confirm. I've bougth a 3490 yesterday as I saw on the cvs status it should
be good supported, and downloaded the latest cvs on my debian sarge. Did scan
dias.

The only problems I've encountered were due to :

- the concurrent versions of the libs on /usr/local/lib and /usr/lib/ which
was solved by a rename an ln -s. The trouble was at first a problem dealing
with the ability to scan a full A4 sheet. If you have the oldest cvs, and
well compiled, I think this is the way you may follow.

- the impossibility to scan as a normal (non root) user which was solved
reading the documentation included (far deep) and adding the files and the
exact model (04b8/0122) in the hotplug files.

First problem took me some 2 hours in fact (was not far from being on the way
back to the store), and the second... somewhat 1 day.

Yet I'm happy with my 3490.

Frederic.