[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 60: Semi-success report

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Mon Dec 5 16:41:49 UTC 2005

Henning Meier-Geinitz schrieb:

> I only get backtracking here with high load of the computer.  However
> I can confirm the horizontal lines. Looks like something connected to
> backtracking at 16 bit doesn't fully work yet. I don't have
> these lines in 8 bit mode.

Those corrupted horizontal lines are the result of a buffer overrun. I
thought i did setup the "words per line" parameter correctly, but
obviously i did not. In this case "word" seems to mean 1 byte while in
other contexts it means 2 bytes.

I will look into that, forcing backtracking in 16bit modes should not be
too hard.

Regards,
  Pierre