[sane-devel] Brother MFC-7300

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Dec 6 13:01:57 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 10:17:03AM -0200, Diego Sacramento wrote:
> Good day. As already I said work in a governmental body that is responsible
> for the migration of the Government of the Brazil Paid Software for Free
> Software. My function is to test to manipulate and to develop to driver for
> used equipment in the government. Now they had arrived some Multi-function
> of the Brother Mfc-7300 model that we are having problems to install in the
> site of Sane the only model of the cited Brother is the Mfc-4600, but in the
> site of the Brother it has some models that are supported for linux with
> driver Open source. It would like I help of the one that to make. Very

Have you already asked Brother if they intend to support that model?
The two bother backends already support lots of Brother scanners and
these scanners are listed on our site:
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=brother&model=&bus=any

If the Brother approach doesn't work, documentation and links about
writing backends is on our home page, section "Contributing".

Could you tell us some more details about that device? USB or parallel
port? If it's USB, can you send the output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v"
when the scanner is plugged in, please?

Good luck!

Bye,
  henning