[sane-devel] BenQ Scanner 5250C support

Juraj Hercek juhe at hck.sk
Tue Dec 6 20:01:56 UTC 2005

Hello,

I've 5250C benq scanner that I would like to get working under linux.
I've tried the sane CVS snapshot from December 4th 2005 without any
luck. After some time spent by googling I've found following information:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-December/012769.html

After adjustments according the the mail above I've managed to get at
least some output - the same (I guess) as Benjamin got: scanned image
with color strips when scanning b&w original. The bzipped2 sample can be
found here:

https://www.hck.sk/sane/out.pnm.bz2

I have tried the "acerfirm -q" as described here:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2004-April/010716.html

but with following results:

$ ./acerfirm -q
Can't open scanner device at ./acerfirm line 142.
$ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 04a5:2137 Acer Peripherals Inc. (now BenQ Corp.)
$ ./acerfirm /dev/usbdev1.4 -q
Can't open scanner device at ./acerfirm line 165.

Any idea what should I do in order to make scanner working under linux 2.6?

--Juraj