[sane-devel] Minolta Dimage Scan Dual SCSI problems

Morten Hulden morten at untamo.net
Sun Dec 11 05:52:35 UTC 2005

Hi,

tested latest sane-backend (sane-backends-2005-12-10.tar.gz) on Minolta
Dimage Scan Dual I (SCSI) film scanner but was unable to get an image.

The scanner is connected to a AHA154x card on Linux FC4. A UMAX S-6E
flatbed scanner on the same bus works just fine.

dmesg:
scsi0 : Adaptec 1542
   Vendor: Minolta   Model: #2882             Rev: 1.10
   Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 02

sane-find-scanner:
found SCSI scanner "Minolta #2882 1.10" at /dev/sg0

scanimage --list-devices
device `avision:/dev/sg0' is a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual I film scanner

(I changed AV_FORCE_FILM to AV_FILMSCANNER in avision.c, otherwise the
above would be "Minolta Dimage Scan Dual I flatbed scanner"), but that
did not change the output of scanimage - it still does not produce an image.

Any ideas? Is this scanner really supported? If not, how can I help?

With SANE_DEBUG_AVISION=7
scanimage gives: