[sane-devel] avision backend support of HP 8250

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Dec 15 11:09:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:48:37PM +0200, Antti Andreimann wrote:
> However all this still does not explain why the scanner does not work
> with stable version of SANE. And why it only works when 3x3 matrix send
> is disabled in latest CVS. I tried to copy backend/avision* to
> sane-backends 1.0.16. It does compile, but the scanner does not work. I
> need network scanning and there seems to be some problems with sanei
> code in the CVS snapshot I'm currently using:
>
> [sanei_wire] sanei_w_array: DECODE: maximum amount of allocated memory
> exceeded (limit: 1048576, new allocation: 3180390528, total: 3181439104
> bytes)

There hasn't been any change in the networking code in CVS since
sane-backends 1.0.16. The error messages means that on the server the
backend tries to send a big amount of data to the client. This might
be cause by bugs in the backend, crashing network connections or an
attack from outside.

Turning on debugging may help to identify what's going on:
export SANE_DEBUG_NET=255