[sane-devel] [Fwd: News] about Canon

Christopher Albert ert at zapo.net
Fri Dec 16 20:31:13 UTC 2005

Am Freitag, den 16.12.2005, 17:22 +0100 schrieb Thibault North:

Hi!
One question to Thibault first: With whom from which department of Canon
did you speak? (just interested)

I have experienced something quite similar. I phoned the marketing
director for Consumer Products of Canon Austria to ask him if he and his
company agreed with my MP750 support project (http://mp750.berlios.de).
He told me that due to Canon's company structure of mostly independent
national departments the technical specs needed to write drivers don't
make their way out of Tokio in general. But he encouraged me to continue
my efforts, he pointed out Canon's and his own positive attitude to free
software. He couldn't offer me any further technical support though :-(.

I think that Canon is a positive example for an international
cooperation that is working efficiently, but managers seem to care about
their employees and customers. ( just my impression :-) )

Thanks for all Thibault, please keep the sane-list up to date regarding
this topic.

Have a nice weekend,
Chris