[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Sun Dec 18 14:18:05 UTC 2005

Hi,

In addition to what Oliver wrote:

> 5. *** THE BIG PAIN *** I'm not sure if anyone knows why this happened: It
> might be FC3 specific.  The problem was something in the system (I still
> don't know what) makes a symlink from /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane.so.1 ->
> libsane-v4l.so.1.0.16.  That's totally bogus.  If I rm the symlink it just

IIRC this is caused by the libtool --finish call in backend/Makefile.
In CVS there is a workaround that removes these links. At least it
should...

> instantly pops back into existence!!  Weird!  This wouldn't have been a
> problem, but my /etc/ld.so.conf had /usr/local/lib/sane listed BEFORE

"/usr/local/lib/sane" should NEVER be listed in /etc/ld.so.conf. This
has been obsolete for five (?) years now. Don't do that. If your
distribution does that, tell the maintainers to stop it immediately.

"/usr/local/lib/" may be necessary, however.

> /usr/local/lib and so this bogus libsane.so was being used instead of the
> real one in /usr/local/lib!  Reversing the order in ld.so.conf solved the
> problem.  Scanner works great now.

Just remove the entry from ld.so.conf.

Bye,
  henning