[sane-devel] genesys-backend and ML5345 test results with 1.0.17

Martin Jacobs martin.jacobs at arcor.de
Tue Dec 27 14:20:33 UTC 2005

Hello,

after downloading libusb-0.1.10a and 1.0.17 I repeated my tests
with USB-Scanner Medion MD5345 and got the following results:

Test environment:

Linux box based on SuSE 8.1, dual P3 933MHz, 768MB, m/b MSI
694D-Pro (MS-6321).

Resolution 100     200   300    600
Color      ok      ok    ok 3)  ok 3)
Gray       ok 1,2) ok    ok     ok 3)
Lineart    ok 1,2) ok 4) ok 4)  ok 3,5)

Test conditions: each scan was done at least two times. Tests have
been done using scanimage.

Footnotes
1) Reset of scanner (power off) does not help, hotplug service has
to be restarted with unloading of module usbcore.

2) Only first scan is successful, any other fails.

3) Head is moving back and forth.

4) Second scan out of 5 was scrambeled.

5) Third scan out of 5 was scrambeled.

Compared with sane-backends there is a great improvement!
Congratulation.  But why do the "simple" test modes Gray and
Lineart fail?

Regards

Martin Jacobs