[sane-devel] Does the Canon Lide 80 work?

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Wed Dec 28 11:22:51 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 27, 2005 at 08:35:39PM -0500, goland55 at aol.com wrote:
> I've noticed lots of talk of the genesys backend working with canon
> lide 35, 40, 50 and 60 but what of Lide 80?  Is support already in
> there or is it planned?

It doesn't work yet.

As none of the genesys developers seems to own such a scanner, it's up
to you to add it to the backend. See the ongoing discussions on this
list about the genesys backend.

As a quick'n'dirty trst. you could get the source code of
sane-backends (1.0.17 at least) and change the code of
backend/genesys_devices.c (at the end):

Change

  {0x04a9, 0x221c, &canon_lide_60_model},

  {0x04a9, 0x2214, &canon_lide_60_model},