[sane-devel] scanning problem for HP 2400

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Wed Dec 28 15:33:42 UTC 2005

Parag N(पराग़) schrieb:
> Hello,
>

> In version 1.0.17 Genesys_Frontend for HP 2400 was written as
> -  {{0x00, 0x03, 0x05, 0x02}
> -   , {0x00, 0x00, 0x00}
> -   , {0xc0, 0xc0, 0xc0}
> -   , {0x07, 0x07, 0x07}
> -   , {0x00, 0x00, 0x00}
> which i replaced with
> +  {{0x00, 0x31, 0x1f, 0x13}
> +   , {0x08, 0x02, 0x16}
> +   , {0x20, 0x80, 0x10}
> +   , {0x80, 0x00, 0x00}
> +   , {0x01, 0xff, 0x00}

Typically the .sign part is identical for all color channels.

>   Also i found you mentioned reset register which is not present in
> structure declaration.
Writes to the reset register lead to a reset of the frontend.
>  But i am not getting what to send for which frontend registers are
> played with during
>  calibration?

Sorry, i was not very clear.

I wanted to know which frontend registers are written to in your windows
log. Some registers always get the same values, while others are set to
varying values during calibration. I am guessing this frontend is
incompatible with the current implementation.

I get these information for my scanner:

[0x01] = 0x03d
[0x02] = 0x008
[0x03] = 0x000
[0x05] = 0x005
[0x06] = 0x000
[0x08] = 0x019
[0x09] = 0x006
[0x20] = 0x0e1
[0x21] = 0x0e1
[0x22] = 0x0e1
[0x24] = 0x000
[0x25] = 0x000
[0x26] = 0x000
[0x28] = 0x093
[0x29] = 0x093
[0x2a] = 0x093

Actually, the windows driver keeps the gain and offset constant for my
scanner.

Regards,
  Pierre