[sane-devel] usbsnoop for colorpage slim 1200

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Thu Dec 29 09:57:33 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 03:15:33AM +0100, Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
> I managed to get a log for the usb transation for this scanner. I do not

Which scanner exactly? The "Genius Colorpage Slim 1200"
(0x0458/0x201e) doesn't have a chip supported by the genesys backend.
It has a GT6816 which may be supported by the gt68xx backend. At least
that's what has been reported to us:
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/genius-colorpage-slim-1200.html

Is it a "Genius Colorpage Slim 1200 USB2"?
Please send the output of "sane-find-scanner -v -v".

> know if this would help on the development of  the genesys backend.
> I just did a scan of a small portion. I had a look but I have to admit
> that I do not know what it means, I would like to help, but I do not
> know how. This output seems nothing to do with the output that I try on
> the linux box.
>
> My guest is that this needs more study, but a guide  would be nice.

Read the list archive of this mailing list concerning the genesys
backend. Lots of hints and tools have already been given.

> Here is the log:
> http://apertus.es/~cheche/usbsnoop_cps1200_051229.log.gz if anyone is
> interested, just have a look

I'll add a link to it once I know for which scanner it is :-)