[sane-devel] libusb or....?

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Tue, 1 Feb 2005 23:12:23 +0100

Hi,

> Now to my problem. I installed debian-sarge (kernel-2.6.8) on my
> computer where I have a simplyMepis (kernel-2.6.8) synced towards
> debian-sarge.
>
> The strange thing is that on simplyMepis my scanner (Epson
> Perfection 1670) works but not on debian-sarge even thou it=B4s the
> same computer with the same gadgets plugin and the same versions on
> all sane-packages and on libusb and I have the same firmware file
> on both systems.

> This is what I get on my Debian-sarge:
>
> # export SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=3D2
> # xsane
> [sanei_debug] Setting debug level of snapscan to 2.
> [snapscan] add_usb_device: error opening device /dev/usb/scanner0:
> Invalid argument
> [snapscan] usb_write Only 0 bytes written
> [snapscan] sane_snapscan_open: download_firmware command failed:
> Error during device I/O

You should comment out the device entry /dev/usb/scanner0 on both=20
systems since it does not work with libusb. Do you have the same=20
permissions for the device file (i.e on /proc/bus/usb/001/003=20
and /proc/bus/usb/003/003 in the example you quoted)? Is the firmware=20
file entry in snapscan.conf correct on both systems?

If this doesn't solve the problem please send me the (compressed)=20
debug logs with SANE_DEBUG_SNAPSCAN=3D255 in private mail.

Please also attach the contents of /proc/bus/usb/devices on both=20
systems.

/Oliver