[sane-devel] Microtek ScanMaker 3840 driver available

Earle F. Philhower, III earlephilhower@yahoo.com
Mon, 7 Feb 2005 09:43:35 -0800 (PST)

Hallo Henning, responses inline...

--- Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 05:21:42PM -0800, Earle F. Philhower, III wrote:
> > I've put patches (against sane-backends-1.0.15) and the new source files
> online
>
> I've had a quick look at your code and haven't found anything I don't
> like. I'd like to have a man page, however. Also I get the following
> warnings when compiling:
... bunch o' warnings ...
> Could you check if at least some of these can be fixed?

All cleaned up.  I ran with only -Wall and not -pedantic so didn't see
these.  They were mostly just syntactic hiccups, thankfully, caused by
the libusb->sanei_usb wrapper I hacked in.  Man page added as well.

> Also make libcheck says:
> *** backend/.libs/libsane-sm3840.a:
> 00008ab0 T sm3840_unit_convert
> Looks like this function should be static.

Yes, I overlooked that.  It is now changed to static.

I've placed it all online again (patch against the released 1.0.15
source, but only diffs from prior patch are the doc/Makefile.in and
doc/sane.man IIRC) at: http://www.ziplabel.com/sm3840 .

Thanks,
-EFP3