[sane-devel] No Desktop icon & Xsane won't close with "x"." Not responding"

nigel henry cave.dnb@tiscali.fr
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 23:55:14 +0000

Hi Folks. First time on this list and first time with a scanner.
Scanner is Mustek 1200CP+ . Running on FC2 with Kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2 and later
kernels from planetccrma for music software.
Sane version:  SANE-1.0.15
Xsane version: 0.92

Problem1.
I can only start Xsane from the command line as user. No desktop icon. I
thought I might find one in /usr/share applications, but everything else is
there except anything to do with Sane. Anyone know if there is a desktop
scanner icon somewhere, and how I can install it to the desktop?

Problem2:
I start Xsane on the CLI and can close it ok with "x" in the RH corner if I
dont do any scans. If I run a scan and then try to close Xsane it brings up a
warning "Not responding" box. Not as bad as XP caus at least it does close
the app when you ask it to. But does anyone know why Xsane won't close after
using the app. Is it maybe a bug in Xsane, or something I can fix with a bit
of help.

Apart from those 2 problems it seems to work ok. I fixed the "only scanning
half page width" by changing to the cis1200CP+ driver. The scanned page has
got quite a lot of blotchy grey on it, "I used the CUPS test page as a test",
and the colour wheel on it is not very well defined, and the 1 degree radial
lines are just showing as a black circle. Perhaps I've just gotta fiddle with
the controls a bit to fix that. I havn't used scanners before so don't know
how well they perform.

Thanks in advance for any help for the 2 problems. Nigel.