[sane-devel] Using Sane with HP Scanner

Peter Kirchgessner peter@kirchgessner.net
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 22:41:52 +0100

Hello Terrence,

USB should be easier to use than using the parallel port. If the scanner
did start scanning, you have all the modules you need.
scanimage writes the scanned data to stdout. Maybe this is your
gibberish. Just start scanimage with an output redirection:

scanimage > image.ppm

To save the error messages in another file, do a

scanimage > image.ppm 2>errors.txt

You can send the errors.txt to me. Maybe I can see what is going on.

Kind regards

Peter

--
Peter Kirchgessner