[sane-devel] epson 4180 epkowa

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@member.fsf.org
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:00:07 +0900

Mickael Profeta <mike@alezan.org> writes:

> I would like to use scanimage with my epson 4180.
> It is supported by epkowa backend, and iscan works. But I would like
> to do some scans on command line, without any gui, is it possible?

The epkowa backend included with iscan is a regular SANE backend and
should be usable with any SANE frontend.

> scanimage -L return nothing and

Don't know what's wrong here.

> mike@fjord:~$ scanimage -d epson:libusb:004:003
> scanimage: open of device epson:libusb:004:003 failed: Invalid argument

Have you tried with epkowa instead of epson?  That is, have you tried

  $ scanimage -d epkowa:libusb:004:003

> Hope it is possible to do command line scan with that scanner,

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/