[sane-devel] Re: ScanPartner 15c and Automatic Document Feeder

Jason Joines support@bus.okstate.edu
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 09:29:01 -0600

Rene Rebe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jason Joines wrote:
>>  I'm using xsane-0.95 and sane-1.0.14 on SuSE Linux 9.2 and trying to
>> get my Auto Document Feeder to work.  It will scan documents from the
>> ADF but you have to hit the scan button for each page so it's just one
>> page at a time.  Any ideas?
>
> If the GUI you use has no ADF support this is normal.
>
> Try the comandline tool scanimage with --batch.
>
> Yours,

	Thanks.  The person using the scanner reported trying that and the
scanned files disappearing.  I got to look at their machine this morning
and the command history showed tiff spelled with just one f in the
options field.  PNM files were being created and they didn't recognize
it as their output.  Scanimage is working.

	However, looks like XSane is supposed to support the ADF but I can't
find an option to make it scan til the feeder is empty without user
intervention.

Jason