[sane-devel] Re: HP 7450C, hpusbscsi, permissions in Fedora Core 3

Thomas Frayne tomf@sjpc.org
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:42:26 -0800

I do not recommend the HP7450C for use with SANE.  I spent 18 months
getting it working.  It worked for a few days, including ADF, but paper
jams required me to unplug it and plug it back in to get it working
again.  After a few days, it made some funny noises, and now the motor
seems to fail when powering it on.

I am currently trying to find a new scanner that will work with SANE.
Since I haven't been able to find an ADF scanner, I might temporarily
get a cheap flatbed until a well-supported ADF scanner comes along.

Does anyone know of an ADF scanner that has good SANE support?  Or a
flatbed scanner?