[sane-devel] [Epson 3170] Options for scanimage

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf@member.fsf.org
Sat, 19 Feb 2005 17:56:13 +0900

Seb <seb@h-k.fr> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi.

> I bought this week-end an Epson 3170 and I am quite disppointed with
> scanimage's behaviour. Scans can be made all right, but several critical
> options seem to have no effect:
>
>         --brightness
>         --sharpness
>         --threshold
>         --speed

Depending on the scanner, the hardware may not support control of
these options (notwithstanding the product spec which really just
says what you can do when using the Windows/Macintosh driver).

I don't remember your scanner's command level but for the options you
mention

                supported at level
  brightness     A2, B2-B8, F5
  sharpness      B4-B8, F5
  threshold      B7, B8, D1, D2, D7, D8
  speed          B4-B8, F5, D1, D2, D7, D8

You can check your scanner's command level with

  SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=1 scanimage ...

Look for lines mentioning type: and level:

--
Olaf Meeuwissen
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/