[sane-devel] Agfa SnapScan 310 SCSI lock-up

Oliver Schwartz Oliver.Schwartz@gmx.de
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:53:52 +0100

--nextPart7111386.C1ONHCfveq

On Thursday 17 February 2005 11.36, Ramius wrote:
> >It seems that the scanner doesn't understand the quality
> > calibration command. You can disable quality calibration in one
> > of the option screens. Can you repeat the test with quality
> > calibration turned off?
>
> You're right, I have disabled quality calibration and now my
> scanner works perfectly with xsane. I have changed
>
> > "quality-cal"
> > 1
>
> in
>
> > "quality-cal"
> > 0
>
> in my ~/.sane/xsane/AGFA:SNAPSCAN310.drc file.
>
> Why happen this? May this setting affect the scan quality? My scans
> look fine...

Some scanners don't understand the quality calibration command, so=20
sending the comman leads to an error. Usually the capability for=20
quality calibration is reported by the scanner. However, some models=20
don't report their capabilities correctly. The SnapScan310 seems to=20
be one of them.

I'll disable quality calibration for the SnapScan310 in the next=20
release.

/Oliver