[sane-devel] [RFC] Hotplug proposal -- migrating to hotplug hooks (hotplug & hotplug-ng compatible)

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 22:05:54 +0100

Gerhard Jaeger <gerhard@gjaeger.de> wrote:

Hi,

>> I'm going to play with this next week, and this will probably make it
>> into the next revision of the Debian package, and to the CVS :)
>
> Hmmm, go ahead, but it should remain somewhat compatible to the current
> hotplug stuff...

I've just committed a new script to the repository, in the
tools/hotplug-ng directory (so the current hotplug files are still
available).

The README in the directory should explain pretty much
everything. There's a convert-usermap.sh script which will convert the
libsane.usermap file to a file usable by the new script.

I withdrew the idea of having one file per vendor ID to ease the
package maintainers' job when dealing with external backends (like I'm
doing with libsane-extras). Otherwise, the script works pretty much
the way I told it would.

Everyone interested, please test.

JB.

--