[sane-devel] Infrared channel

Rene Rebe rene@exactcode.de
Tue, 22 Feb 2005 10:29:24 +0100

Hi,

Major A wrote:

>>- starting SANE 2 with, let's say 2 or three backends (in the end your Avision
>>  stuff, my Plustek backends (plustek, plustek_pp and u12, maybe some other
>>  VOLUNTEERS???????? - hell lot of work to do ;)
>

> I've been suggesting that for months. As soon as a simple SANE2
> front-end (scanimage) is available, I'm volunteering to adapt
> coolscan2 fairly quickly. But first we'll have to decide how to
> organize CVS so as to accommodate SANE2 (no fork please!), then it's
> all downhill from there.

For SANE 2 we also can recycle at least the sp15c backend maybe even the
tamarack one. In theory those are covered by the Avision backend. Maybe
I need two or three more conditionals to not send too new Avision
commands to them, but all are Avision OEM devices and the backends just
implemend a tiny subset of the Avision command set (and AFAICS neither
is really maintained).

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
             http://www.exactcode.de/ | http://www.t2-project.org/