sane config files [was [sane-devel] Infrared channel]]

Oliver Rauch Oliver.Rauch@Rauch-Domain.DE
23 Feb 2005 22:37:36 +0100

> but you give no reasons why! you just repeatedly say we are doing wrong.
> that is not constructive.
>
> yes, what the vendors do is odd and divergent from the normal sane
> installation (suse's insistence on resmgr comes to mind) but if you admit
> that there is a 'bad situation', the how about some ideas to fix it,
> instead of hoping it will go away?

What I say is: it is better when it is not necessary to tweak any config
files than to have a good tool to tweak the config files.

When you want to have a reason for this then you also can ask for a
reason for: "It is better to be not ill than to have a good doctor".

Oliver