sane config files [was [sane-devel] Infrared channel]]

Oliver Rauch Oliver.Rauch@Rauch-Domain.DE
25 Feb 2005 19:34:38 +0100

Am Fre, 2005-02-25 um 18.12 schrieb m. allan noah:

> the only problem i see with this is that some backends can do scsi and
> usb, and need that set in the config file, before the backend will find
> the scanner and present it to the front-end for configuration. so you have
> a chicken and egg problem with the most basic config params.

I think it should not be a problem for the backend to scan all supported
busses for the devices. It is not necessary that the backend needs to
know from the config file on which bus the devices is connected.

Oliver