[sane-devel] Installingproblem with parallellportscanner and Sane.

Philip Moller phmo@punkt.se
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:11:10 +0100

Hi!

Ok, I have now edited the modprobe.conf (/etc/modprobe.conf):

alias eth0 3c59x
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
options parport_pc irq=7 dma=3 io=0x378
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller uhci-hcd

Did rebooting !!

Then I get this (commandmode):

[root] # dmesg | grep parport
parport_pc: Unknown parameter `'
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778), irq 7 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
parport0: Printer, Canon S750
lp0: using parport0 (interrupt-driven).

Well, are we going to give up or what ???    Never!!!  :-)

I hope you understand whats going on, because I don't have a clue.

What now Jochen ?

Greeting !

Philip